Wyze Band Warnings and Instructions for Use
Effective: March 31, 2020
Follow these instructions to avoid the risk of personal injury, illness or death.
IMPORTANT HEALTH AND SAFETY INFORMATION
Consult Medical Expert:
- The Wyze Band is not a medical device and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Consult your doctor to assess your health before using the Wyze Band or starting any new exercise program. This is particularly important if you are overweight, pregnant, nursing, taking regular medications or have any existing medical or health conditions. The Wyze Band does not determine whether you are physically or medically able to safely participate in exercise routines.
- If you experience a medical emergency, stop using the Wyze Band and consult with a medical professional.
Limitations on the Accuracy of the Wyze Scale:
- The Wyze Band data is intended only as a reference. While we try to be as accurate as possible for your personal use, the Wyze Band is not intended to match the accuracy of medical or scientific measurement devices.
- NO WARRANTY. Wyze makes no endorsement, representation, or warranty of any kind about the accuracy of the data collected through the Wyze Band.
- The Wyze Band contains electrical equipment that could cause injury if not handled properly. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK, OR OTHER INJURY OR DAMAGE.
- Use only with the power adapter and cable provided.
- If your Wyze Band becomes warm or hot, remove immediately and discontinue use.
- Do not wear your Wyze Band while it is charging.
- Do not charge your Wyze Band while it is wet or in an area where it could get wet. Do not handle the Wyze Band, charger or cords with wet hands while charging.
- Not a toy. Keep the Wyze Band and all its parts and accessories out of the reach of children.
- Stop using if you experience discomfort. For some individuals, prolonged contact with a wearable device may contribute to skin irritation or allergies. If you experience any skin irritation, soreness, or tingling, numbness, burning, or stiffness in your hands or wrists, remove your Wyze Band and stop using it. If any of these symptoms persists for more than 2 days, consult with your doctor.
- Don’t wear the Wyze Band too tight as that may restricts blood flow.
Heart Rate Tracker and Photosensitivity Warning:
- The Wyze Band can track your heart rate by emitting green and infrared light flashes. A very small percentage of people may experience a seizure when exposed to certain visual images, including flashing lights or patterns, even people who have no history of seizures.
- Consult with your doctor before using this feature if you have epilepsy or are sensitive to bright or flashing lights, are taking any medicines that can cause photosensitivity, have reduced circulation or bruise easily, have a pacemaker or other internal electronic device, or have carpal tunnel syndrome, hand/wrist tendonitis, or other musculoskeletal disorders.
- No serviceable parts. Do not open. The Wyze Band does not contain any serviceable parts, so you should not attempt to open it.